Saturday, January 22, 2011

Weigh-In Happy Dance!!!

I'M DOING THE WEIGH-IN HAPPY DANCE!!!


HOLY CRAP!! I stood on the scale this morning at my meeting and was crossing my fingers for at least a 1.8 pound loss. This would bring me to my first five pound mark and one that I would feel good about. Well, the lady was writing my numbers down and calculating and said, “Great job this week Heidi.” I looked at her and she said, “You lost 4.4 pounds!” I think I almost fell off the scale! I couldn’t help but be excited! I wasn’t expecting that number and it felt great!!

We talked about weekly allowance points today at the meeting. I have not really been using mine because I was afraid I wouldn’t lose as much if I did. I did use a few last week and lost more than I did in week one. The lifetime members that were at the meeting (all have met their goal and are maintaining) said that they use all their extra points each week and they enjoy every one of them! So, I will not feel guilty about using them now and again but I am still going to try to not use them all. I have been doing well without them but at least now I won’t be afraid to use them if I need to.

I came home and did my measurements and I have lost another 1.7 inches in my waist and .5 inch in my hips. So apparently, it’s working and I’m doing something right!!

Off to make a healthy breakfast and get the rest of my homework done!

Have a wonderful weekend and a Healthy Day!!
~Heidi

1 comment:

  1. Heidi,
    I just finished reading all your blog entries and I want you to know how amazing you are. The fact that you are being so vulnerable to share this experience is a huge step and you should be proud of yourself. I was near tears at times and lauging at others. The way you are writing about yourself makes me so greatful to know you. You can sense the love you have for yourself which many people lack.
    You are doing simply amazing and that is evident not only by your weight loss progress but also by your attitude.
    Stay strong heidi! I might suggest my dad to read your blog as he is also diabetic and has been heavier since before I can remember. It is a great reminder that you are investing in your life by living healthy.

    I love you Heidi!! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete