Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Blessings

Families are the compass that guides us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.      ~Brad Henry

So I’ve talked a lot about the things I want for my future. One thing I have failed to do is talk about all that I already have! I have an awesome family. They mean the world to me and I wouldn’t trade them for anything in world. They have loved me at my highest weight and they are loving me through this journey. We give each other a lot of crap but I know with all my heart that they love me and will always be my biggest cheerleaders. I cannot imagine life without any of them and they really are everything to me. I also have some very dear friends. Many I do not see as often as I would like but I know they are there for me as I am for them. One in particular has been an amazing source of encouragement to me. She knows where I’m at and we are supporting each other in our journeys. When I am down, she sends me messages to pick me back up. When I am off track, she tells me to get back on. She really makes me believe that I can do this and that I deserve it! So, thank you Jamie – you have no idea how much you mean to me!! I also have a car to drive, a roof over my head and a spoiled dog that I love to pieces. She is the closest thing I have ever found to unconditional love! Most importantly, I have my faith. It is the core of who I am and will be with me no matter where I am in my journey. So as I look to the future, these are things that I will take with me: my family, my friends, my dog and my faith. They will get me through and inspire me. They will support me and love me. They will be with me no matter where I end up in life. Because the most important things in life aren’t things!

I have been using my daily points no problem this week. I have not used any activity points and I only used some of my “splurge” points this weekend. I feel great because I went to the fitness center last night. I did 15 minutes on the elliptical and 15 on the treadmill at 3.0. My mom did 30 minutes on the treadmill at a 1.2. I am so proud of her and she has now asked to go with me three times a week! I think that’s great and it will get us both ready for the walking that I hope to do on our trip next month.

It’s only Tuesday but I am already looking forward to Saturday! I never thought I would look forward to getting up early on Saturday or to getting on a scale in front of a stranger!

Have a Healthy Day!
~Heidi

1 comment:

  1. You are such a dear friend to me Heidi. Thank you for such nice words - we are here for each other and we are going to do this! I had a very good day! I'm happy to hear that you are keeping up with it all! You are a fabulous person and you are just realizing it yourself (step one) Now you are going to match the inside with the outside! We are both gifts from God and we need to show our respect to him and take care of ourselves!

    ReplyDelete