Thursday, January 13, 2011

Georgia on My Mind

So I did some research today on my upcoming trip to Georgia. I am taking my mom to Savannah for her 70th birthday. I am really looking forward to this vacation but the food factor scares me a bit. Out hotel has a free continental breakfast and I am pretty sure I ca find some decent things to eat there. Then comes the lunches and dinners out, and that’s what scares me. I know you can always find healthy options on any menu but my fear is that I won’t want to. I have planned activities that will keep us moving and active. We are going to Forsyth Park to walk the dog because I am of course bringing my Bella with me. She is my child and I can’t imagine leaving her for a week. I have arranged for doggie daycare while we are there so we can sight-see during the day and do some driving and dog friendly things in the evening. I have also planned on visiting a Fort in Tybee Island and it is a mile walk to get through the place. So I am hoping that keeping active will also keep me in the healthy food choice state of mind. I have a special day planned the day of my mom’s birthday and I’m sure she’ll really enjoy it. We will be going on a horse drawn carriage ride of Historic Savannah. We do this after a wine tasting and they send a bottle of wine along with a plate of meat, cheese and fruit on the carriage with us. I am hoping it’ll be a birthday to remember. Shhhhhhh – it’s a SURPRISE. She doesn’t even know how to turn a computer on so I don’t have to worry about her reading this.

As far as my week goes, with the exception of my pity party yesterday, it has been pretty good. I met some friends for trivia last night and had a great time. I ate chips and salsa at the bar and stayed within my daily points doing so. Today was another day where I still have points to use. It’s 10:15pm and I still have 5 points left! I walked 30 minutes on the treadmill at a 3.0 while watching Cash Cab. I challenged myself that during the red light challenges I would walk at a 3.5 until it was done. There were two red light challenges and I threw in a commercial break to for a total of 3 intervals at a higher speed. I did not feeling like going to the fitness center when I got home but I went and I felt so much better afterward.

So, T minus one day until weigh-in. I am both looking forward to and terrified of Saturday morning. Time will tell and so will the scale!

Have a Healthy Day!
~Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment