Monday, January 24, 2011

STRESS!

I just received a call from my sister, Heather and apparently she has been waiting all day for a new blog entry. Funny because I see her almost every day but hey – good to know people look forward to my blog. Sometimes I just feel like I don’t have anything witty or interesting to say but I really try to think of things that I can write.

Well today was a bit stressful. I applied for my weekly unemployment and it told me I needed to reapply in order to be eligible for the next tier of benefits. I filled out the reapplication form and boom! My account was wiped and it said I had $0 available. I panicked but I didn’t have time to do that because I had to get my niece to pre-school. After dropping my niece off, I talked with my career counselor and friend (shout out to Kathy because I know she reads this blog) and she told me not to panic until it was needed. Well of course I did anyway and called the unemployment office and spoke to a very nice lady who was able to explain things for me. She was very kind and told me that the Unemployment system was not built to deal with extensions so it will not show a balance anymore but that I am approved for an additional 13 weeks if I need it. So, I will apply as normal next Monday and hopefully everything will go smoothly.

I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop or for something to happen that prevents me from going on my trip. I have been looking so forward to it and I don’t want anything to affect it. I guess it’s the old me that always waited for the negative things to happen rather than bask in the positive. I am getting better though and trying my hardest to focus on the positive things in my life.

Now six months ago if this had happened to me, I would have gone to McDonalds for lunch. I would have ordered 2 McDoubles and a McChicken because I couldn’t decide if I wanted chicken or a burger. And as if one double cheeseburger wasn’t enough, I got two because that way I could have a burger, the chicken and finish with a burger because I always liked to end my meal with a burger. Then I would order a large diet Coke because of course that made my binge better than if I had ordered a regular pop. I would also order a shake or some kind of dessert because what is a binge without something sweet?

Instead, I went grocery shopping. I went grocery shopping twice. The first time was for my sister who was home sick and needed me to pick her up a few things. The other was for a few things I needed at home. Both times I stuck to the list and did not even think twice about buying things that I normally would have in the past. Then when I got home, I went to the fitness center and did some weight lifting and then 15 minutes on the treadmill. It felt good and was much better for me than a binge ever was. I have found ways to refocus my stress and not turn to food for comfort. This is a huge step for me and one that tells me that I am ready for this. I am SO ready for this!

So, there is my blog today for those of you who were waiting for it (Heather)!

Have a Healthy Day!
~Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment