Monday, January 17, 2011

I Have a Dream...

In honor of Martin Luther King Jr. day, I thought I would share with you my dream. I have a dream that one day I will be happy and healthy. I have a dream that I can look into a mirror and see the outer beauty and be happy with my reflection. I have a dream that my niece and nephew (because the other ones are too big to want to do this anymore) can sit on my lap because I will have a lap for them to sit on. I have a dream that I will take my dog for a run and enjoy the beauty of nature without feeling like I need oxygen. I have a dream that one day I will fall and love and be loved in return. I have a dream that I will inspire someone to make their life better. I have a dream that I will reach my goal and maintain it for the rest of my life. I have a dream…that I plan on making reality!

This weekend was a bit of a bumpy one for me. I did not exercise at all and my body sure felt the difference! I felt sluggish and lazy with no energy. I had food cravings for the first time since on WW. I used 9 of my weekly “splurge points” in two days when last week I didn’t use any of them. It was just an off weekend for some reason but I am happy to say that I am back on track and looking forward to the week. I am going to the fitness center when I get home tonight to workout. I know it will make me feel better and give me some much needed energy. My mom even said she felt like she missed the workout too so she is going to come with me tonight.

School is going better than I expected and I received my graduation notice last week! My ceremony will be March 24th. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to walk in the ceremony but I decided as the first Kaliher to receive my bachelor’s degree, I want to have pictures to prove it! It’s funny how going through something as devastating as losing a job and your home can really put things into perspective. Going through all of that in the past year has brought me to the person I am now. It has brought me higher education and a more positive outlook on life. My mom has always said, “Everything happens for a reason,” and I believe that with all my heart. It’s not always easy to understand (like losing my dad when I was 20) but there is a reason for everything. Remember in high school when they’d ask us those questions like where do you want to be when you’re 30? Well I can guarantee you that overweight, unemployed and single would have never crossed my mind. But there is a reason I am where I am and I am okay with that. In fact, I’m more than okay with that. I am embracing it and I am going to make the most of it!!

Have a Healthy Day!
~Heidi


1 comment:

  1. You will get there and you WILL get all that you "dream" to get! Keep up the good work and keep fighting! You inspire me everyday - so one dream has already happened!

    And Wow - grad in March.. Where do they have your ceremony? Is it a big huge ceremony or is is your class? Sooooo Exciting!! And yes, You SHOULD go!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete