Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sleep (or lack of)

I am starting to think that sleep plays a role in weight loss. Last week, I had the best night’s sleep. I slept better than I have in a long time and had so much energy that next day. Ever since that night though, my sleep has been more restless. My nights seem to be plagued by nightmares. I don’t have nightmares very often so it’s really weird that I have had them every night for the last four nights! My dreams have ranged from a faceless man that comes after me when I am alone to driving my car onto a partially frozen pond that I break through and start to sink. Each time, I wake up in fear or having felt like I was screaming. I know when I actually make a noise because Bella will get annoyed with me if I do. Anyway, I haven’t had a full night of sleep in almost a week and I just don’t feel 100% because of it. I hope it doesn’t affect the weight loss but it sure affects my energy level, that’s for sure!

Today is the first time since starting Weight Watchers that I have felt hungry during the day. I looked at my points tracker and realize that it’s because I did not eat as many points today. I had a normal breakfast of 9 points but my lunch was only 8 and normally my lunch runs around 15. I ate a Smart One microwave meal but apparently I need to have something else with it to keep from getting hungry right away. So even after dinner (which includes some pasta) I will still have a lot of points to use up. If dinner fills me up, then I just will not hit my points target today. Now I know though and will think about it the next time I eat a Smart One for lunch.

Not much else to report today. Have a Healthy Day!

~Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment