Friday, January 14, 2011

Newly Fallen Snow

I know everyone in Minnesota keeps saying they are done with the cold and snow. I have said it once or twice in the past month myself. But as I went out to take my dog for a walk, I couldn’t help but bask in the beauty of gently falling snow. Despite the fact that I am sandwiched between two decent size highways, it was so quiet and I couldn’t help but be in awe of the fresh white blanket that covered everything in sight! I could even hear the tiny flakes as they hit my coat! It was so pretty and pure. It had covered up that awful brown snow that has accumulated over the weeks from the sand and salt that has been spread generously in these past few weeks. Could it be a euphemism for my life? All the years of bad food choices and little exercise had made me brown. My new life and my new attitude is a lot like that fresh snow. It is my fresh perspective on life and learning to take care of myself because I deserve to be healthy. Sure that snow will melt and the brown stuff will again be revealed but that brown stuff will be gone by spring and the flowers will bloom. I just can’t help but see the beauty in it all.

Today was an easy day. I had a small breakfast and an average lunch. That left me with a lot of points to use for dinner. I decided to make a pizza. I found Boboli mini crusts at the store for 10 points a piece. I then found pizza sauce and turkey pepperoni. I cut up onions, green peppers, and celery (don’t knock it till you try it), sprinkled a little low fat mozzarella and voila – the perfect pizza for only 15 points!! I still have 15 points left to use for today!



Then for dessert, I had a Kudos bar. I found these today at Cost Co. An older woman was serving samples of them and she kept saying, “I have Kadoo bars today! Try a delicious Kadoo bar!” I had to contain my laughter as I walked by. She was standing right next to the 100 calorie pack snacks that I wanted. Well, she talked me into trying a Kadoo bar and they were AWESOME! They are like a candy bar but she said they only had a hundred calories. So I pulled out my trusty points calculator and they were only 3 points per bar. The other 100 calorie packs I was looking at were also 3 points. There were 25 packages for 10.99 and the Kudos were 50 bars for only 9.87 so I went with the Kudos bars knowing they would satisfy any candy bar hankering I ever get!!



I went to the video store and rented some Wii games. I got the Gold’s Gym Dance Workout and decided to have some fun while exercising today. Holy CRAP – that thing kicked my butt!! I could not do the footwork they did but I kept up with arm and upper body movements. I just moved my legs as I went and figured as long as they were moving – I was getting the job done. I was dripping with sweat so it must have worked! It said that dancing like that for 30 minutes burned almost 500 calories! So I was pretty happy with that!

Tomorrow is weigh-in day and I am looking forward to it. I have come to grips with the fact that even if the scale shows a low number, I know I am doing everything right and making good choices. So I could be losing fat and inches but not weight and I have to realize that there is more to success than a number on the scale. So, bring it on weigh-in – I am so ready for you!!

Have a Healthy Day!!
~Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment