Friday, January 7, 2011

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Pounds

Today was a challenge but I think I did pretty well. I went to lunch at my favorite restaurant, Red Robin – YUM! It was to celebrate my birthday with my mom and Jen and her mom. I started by having a side salad. I ordered a low fat ranch dressing and even ate the cucumbers (which I normally don’t). Then instead of ordering the burger that I normally do, I opted for the chicken sandwich. I did eat some of the yummy steak fries but I did not go overboard like I usually do there. I should have stopped with half the sandwich because I was satisfied but for some reason I didn’t. I have this mindset that if I am paying for the food, I should not let it go to waste. Many people say, bring it home and eat it later. I don’t eat leftovers. I bring them home and have the best intentions but they end up sitting in the fridge until I throw them out. That is another thing I need to work on. The other thing is the speed in which I eat. I eat SO fast that my poor stomach can’t even tell me it’s hungry because by the time it catches up with my brain, I have already eaten too much! Because it was my birthday, the wait staff sang and clapped and brought me a chocolate sundae!! I ate two small bites and passed the dish off to whoever wanted it. I was so proud that I was able to stop after two small bites!!

It is so much easier to do this with the support of friends and family. For my birthday Jen got me workout clothes, Fiber One snack bars and barbells for my Wii!! How awesome is that?? The barbells attach to the controllers and you can use them with any game to increase resistance!! I was thrilled!

Now, I promised you all pictures of me and I am going to keep that promise as hard as it is for to do. I think I was delusional. I have watched the Biggest Loser almost every season and I looked at the contestants and thought, “I don’t look that big. I must carry my weight better than those people.” Maybe that’s because I have chosen not to look into a full length mirror in a very long time. I had my mom take my “before” pictures today and holy hell – I am huge! It is harder for me to post these pictures than it was to tell you all what I weighed. These pictures are horrendous but it is all a part of my journey and I am determined to make this journey one of truth and revelations. So, here they are and they are NOT pretty!! I look at the picture of the dress (size 10/12) I want to wear someday and I cannot even fathom ever being able to fit into it but I will. It will take a lot of time and total commitment but I will wear that dress and I can’t wait till the day that I can post that picture for everyone!!

Have a Healthy Day!!
~Heidi




No comments:

Post a Comment