Saturday, February 5, 2011

Weigh-In #4

I went to weigh-in today with a number in my head that I wanted to lose. Three pounds. Three pounds would get me to a total of ten pounds since I started. That would be ten pounds in one month or an average of 2.5 pounds a week. I thought that sounded good and I knew it would make me feel good. But I did not lose three pounds this week – I lost FOUR!!! Woo-Hoo!!! And I was right – it felt great! I knew I had done pretty well this week because I could feel a difference. I did not do as much “structured” exercise like the treadmill, but I did do little things that made a difference. I would park at the back of the lot at the grocery store. Or when I took Bella out to go potty, I would walk her a little farther even if it was cold (as long as she had her Mutt Luks on to protect her paw pads)! Whatever I did, it worked and I’m going to keep doing it!!

I had planned on not counting points on my vacation but I think I may have changed my mind about that… I think that I will write down everything I eat while on vacation and then at night in the hotel, plunk the food into my online tracker to see where I’m at. I will happily use my activity points and my indulge points for the week and even if I go over, I think it will be important to track so I can see where I’m at. I also thought I wouldn’t be going to weigh-in for two weeks but I think I have found a solution to that as well… I am going to weigh-in Friday morning at the WW in Maple Grove this week. Then, while I am in Savannah, I am going to weigh-in Thursday or Friday morning at a meeting in Savannah! I will not be discouraged if I gain weight on vacation but I think knowing I am going to weigh-in will keep me accountable and more mindful of my choices while on vacation!

I had a very nice end to a fairly stressful week. I had some maintenance done on my car in order to get it ready for the road trip. A friend of mine from high school is married to a guy that manages Discount Brake & Auto Repair in Blaine (http://www.dicountbrake.net/). I was very happy with the service! I had quite a few things done and I know I got a great price. They even told me my car was in pretty good shape and everything looked good for a road trip. If I had taken it to Tires Plus as I have in the past, I know there would have been a list of things that needed to be fixed before they would tell me it was ready for a road trip!

While the work on my car was being done, my friend Val picked me up and we went to lunch with some of the Home Valu “loser group”. Those would be those who lost their jobs at Home Valu and are still unemployed! LOL I had a great time catching up with them and eating some Subway. I even passed up Dairy Queen when two of them decided to get a treat. It wasn’t that I felt I couldn’t have it, I just didn’t want to waste points on it so I could have a good dinner.

After I picked my car up, I headed to Bob’s Produce Ranch in Fridley for their annual meat sale and stocked up on meat for the freezer. Now we just have the freezer that is part of our refrigerator so we don’t have much room but we got a lot packed in there! I got ground beef (5 lbs), a pork roast, bone-in pork spare ribs (4), thick cut pork chops (2), smoked pork chops (4), a sirloin tip roast, a whole beef tenderloin, boneless bottom steaks (4) and beef stew meat (2lbs) along with some onions, green peppers and Snickerpoodles dog treats for $92.47 – for a total savings of $40.90!! I thought that was a great deal and Bob’s has really good quality meat!! Then I went to Cub where I bought a few staples we needed and I also bought myself some WW ice cream treats as a reward for passing up the Dairy Queen earlier. I am proud to say that I am starting to make good choices!

This weekend is going to be a homework weekend again. I have to watch a documentary and create a presentation on its persuasion techniques. I have chosen to watch Super Size Me and I think that is fitting for my current situation and new change of lifestyle. Then I have a few minor assignments to do and turn in by tomorrow evening. I also need to get a start on next week and the following week’s work so I am read for vacation! We are having our annual city inspection here at the apartment on Wednesday so I want to clean my room and bathroom. They aren’t too bad so it won’t take long but it needs to be done anyway so it’s a good excuse to get it done.

This week is going to be busy getting everything ready for our road trip! I have so many things I want to get done before we go. I will have to make a few lists. I am one of those people who like to make lists so I can check things off and see my accomplishments on paper! So I will make a list of what needs o be done, what needs to be purchased and what needs to be packed. Then by the end of the week, I will hope to have everything checked off and ready!

So, I am off to start my weekend (and maybe catch a few more winks of sleep)! Have a wonderful weekend and a Healthy Day!!

~Heidi

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!! I know how hard it can be to stay on task and you are doing GREAT at it! I give you a huge kudos for searching out to find the meetings on vacation so you are still attending! You are doing great and yes, life is all about choices and I love that you are making ones that will change your life!

    ReplyDelete