Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hectic Life

Sorry it has been a few days since I posted. Some probably thought I gave up after my weight gain but that couldn’t be farther from the truth. I am on track and feeling pretty good! The last few days have been crazy hectic and I sure hope that stress doesn’t hinder weight loss or I may gain 50 pounds this week alone!

Yesterday I was so frustrated because my computer cord was not working. I apparently had a bad power source. I really had to work on some homework so I went to Office Max. Nope, they don’t carry power cords for laptops. WHAT? REALLY? So they sent me to Radio Shack. I purchased a $100 cord and got it home to find out it didn’t fit my Toshiba! Went back to Radio Shack where the salesman was baffled because he’s never had that happen. Got my refund and went to Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart tried to sell me the identical one I had just returned to Radio Shack. When I told them it didn’t fit, he too was baffled. Then he asked me to get my computer so he could try the other cord they had. I went back out into the frigid air (I had forgotten my coat because I was so frustrated when I left) and got my laptop. Hauled it back in and finally found a cord that fit! Walked out the door and the alarms went off. Apparently, they forgot to deactivate the security tag. He had to call back to electronics because the thing was out of the b x from when we tested the cord. Finally he deactivated the tag and I was able to leave.

Now fast forward to this morning. I get a call from my mom saying that my dog can’t walk! She is dragging her back end and shaking and breathing funny. I put my niece in the car and off I go back home. I called the vet in town and they said, hmm – that’s weird. We can see her at 10am. Now mind you it is currently 8:25am and they want me to wait until 10am. I called her regular vet in Coon Rapids and they said bring her in and we will get her right in. I got home and she met me at the door. My mom said that was the first time she was able to get up. She still seemed a little off kilter but she was at least walking. I decided since she was walking I would take her to Coon Rapids. We saw my favorite vet, Dr. Elton (who loves Goldens) so I felt good about my decision to bring her there. He checked her over and did a neurological exam and found nothing out of the ordinary. He then suggested a heartworm test and blood work which I immediately agreed to. All tests were fine with the exception of low phosphorous levels. He said this could mean she may have had a seizure or it could just be low because she hadn’t eaten yet today. He was very nice and answered all my questions. He said to keep an eye on her and be comforted by the fact that all the tests showed she is in good health. He gave me his card and said to call him if we had any problems now or even on the road in a few weeks for our trip. Bella seems to be doing fine now and we are hoping it was a one time thing. I was a mess because this dog is my world. She really is like my child and I adore her!



I have stayed on points this week but my activity has not been as much as it has been in the past few weeks. I really need to get back in the habit of heading over to the fitness center on a regular basis and quit making excuses! I stepped on the scale this morning and was encouraged. I hope the trend continues to Saturday. Saturday will be my last weigh in for two whole weeks because of vacation. Here’s hoping for a great number to keep me encouraged all through vacation!

Sorry about the lack of updates, but know that I am on track and not giving up!

Have a Healthy Day!
~Heidi

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about Bella's ordeal - that must have been really scarey for all of you!

    Good Job for getting back on track! One good day is all it takes to remind you what you are doing and why you are doing it! Keep it in mind even through your vacation! Stay active and keep movin!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete